We are looking for a Senior Malaria Scientist with expertise in vector control. The successful candidate will join the Institute’s multi-disciplinary team as Project Manager to lead the implementation of the Health Technologies Project.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of research, policy, communications experts in the conceptualization, design and implementation of the Platform for Dialogue and Action on Emerging Health Technologies in Africa’s strategies and activities.
- Design and conduct a range of analyses of research and other information and data to inform the design and implementation of the project at different stages of implementation (including landscape and policy analyses, political economy analyses, and reviews of existing research and other evidence, relating to the health technology of focus).
- Build and nurture strategic partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders at the global, regional and project country levels.
- Steer project planning, coordination and management, working closely with multi-country groups to implement and track progress against the project’s workplan.
Qualifications and Requirements
- PhD in relevant field including Public Health, Malaria Epidemiology, Entomology, Medical , Entomology, Biology, with a least 7 years’ experience
- Expertise in malaria vector control expertise with good understanding of emerging technologies for vector control including gene drive mosquito.
- Good understanding of public policy and political processes in Africa at the regional African Union level, sub sub-regional economic community levels, and at national level in his/her country. Preferably, the successful candidate will be bilingual with advanced proficiency in English and French.
Check our website ( www.afidep.org) for a full outline of responsibilities ) and qualifications.
How to Apply
- Please send a motivation letter indicating your suitability to this post and a detailed CV which should include three relevant referees to email@example.com not later than 26th October, 2021.
- Applications should include the title of the post as the subject of the email.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunities Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.