The Public Procurement & Disposal of Assets Authority (PPDA) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill various vacant positions tenable at the Authority as follows:
Planning and Research Officer (1 position)
Job Title: Planning and Research Officer
Department: Corporate Affairs
Reporting Responsibility: Planning and Research Manager
Supervision Exercised: N/A
Purpose of the Job
To manage and ensure effective planning and research services in the Authority.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
1. Collect, collate and analyze data and information on public procurement and disposal activities in PDEs
2. Carry out economic research and other topical research activities
3. Identify areas of research, provide guidance and coordinate the conduct of research
4. Provide leadership in the formulation of Corporate Plans, Budget, and program
5. Monitor and evaluate Authority’s performance and implementation of projects and programs.
6. Facilitate the development and review of Strategic Plans, policies, KPIs and other corporate plans
7. Produce progress reports.
8. Participate in donor funded projects negotiations
9. Manage the Authority’s databank
10. Consolidating reports relating to general impact and performance trends in the Authority and proposing remedial measures to address variances
11. Conduct project planning and appraisal for most projects
Qualifications and Experience
● Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/Business Administration/Statistics/ Social Science
● At least five (5) years’ work experience
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities and skills
● Strong interpersonal skills.
● Hardworking and able to meet tight deadlines
● Systematic, mature and analytical person
● Effective communication and decision making skills
● Self-directing and works on own initiative within established policy
The positions attracts a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with one’s qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their application together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and names of three traceable referees ONLY to:
The Director General
Private Bag 383
To reach the Authority on or before 10th December, 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
To view other opportunities, visit the PPDA website www.ppda.mw.
PPDA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.