Malawi University of Science and Technology (MUST) would like to engage suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill positions tenable in the Administration Directorate as follows,
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This job exists to support MUST Executive Management in the effective and efficient delivery of management services.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Among others, the Personal Assistant shall perform the following duties and responsibilities;
- Drafting, typing and managing correspondences.
- Managing sensitive and confidential reports for the Executive Manager’s office.
- Facilitating events and visits for the Executive Manager’s office.
- Developing and maintaining a filing system.
- Maintaining mail register and managing diary.
- Making travel arrangements for the Executive Manager
- Operating office equipment and reporting faults
- Maintaining steady office supplies and accessories
- Preparing reports as required from time to time by the office.
- Servicing meetings and taking minutes
QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Interested candidates should possess the following qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or any related field, plus a Secretarial Sturges or Secretarial Administration certificate from a recognised institution.
- Shorthand speed of 120 WPM.
- At least five (5) years’ work experience in similar work or environment.
- Good understanding of the university business environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork spirit.
- Approachable, confident and organised
- High level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Good command of English communication in both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively communicate with superiors and subordinates.
- A good understanding of organisational and office functionality.
- Ability to work effectively under a busy schedule
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications and attributes should submit then applications, together with up-to-date curriculum vitae plus copies of their academic qualifications, professional qualifications and copies of registration certificates with relevant regulatory bodies (where applicable), not later than 3rd August 2021. The Curriculum Vitae must include the the candidate’s names in full; date of birth; academic qualifications, work experience; and names and email addresses of three traceable referees.
Applications must be submitted to:
All electronic applications must be duly signed. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.