Last Mile Health (LMH)
This role was posted on November 18, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all teachers and learners. Do you have experience configuring, designing and using E-Learning platforms? If so, you may be our next Moodle Administration Consultant (Moodle Admin).
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Health, the Moodle Admin will work closely with the Ministry of Health, Digital Health Division to design, configure and customize the existing Continuous Professional Development (CPD) E-Learning (Moodle instance) platform to enable improvements to its functionality. Primarily, the Moodle Admin will support the CPD, E-Learning Team at the Ministry of Health as they create, upload, and manage E-Learning content, configure, and troubleshoot the Moodle platform complications. The Moodle Admin provides maintenance support to MoH’s CPD E-Learning platform as well as assists with integration of the Moodle instance and platform with relevant health information systems. Working with MoH, subject matter experts, key stakeholders, and the global Last Mile Health’s Education team, the Moodle Admin will support the development/establishment of policies, processes and procedures related to maintenance, update, integration and development of the Moodle application and environment.
Please note that in depth experience using Moodle is a requirement for this consultancy.
- Commitment – 9 months at 40 hours per week (immediate availability preferred)
- Location – Lilongwe, Malawi (working remotely and from MOH offices, as required)
- Remuneration – Maximum estimated fees upon completion of $3,000 per month inclusive of withholding tax.
What You’ll Do
- Evaluate the current Moodle platform: checking stability, security and accessibility
- Provide recommendation on additional platform needs before the platform goes live
- Work with the Global LMS Administrator to develop a Malawi IT support desk to manage feedback and troubleshoot CPD issues
Continuous throughout the project
- Moodle platform support: The Moodle Admin will support MoH maintain the CPD E-Learning platform:
- Enroll learners into each course and Manage credentials for new learners
- Oversee installation of Moodle updates/upgrades as well as tools/software integrated with the system
- Communicate system updates and the effects they have and new features/functions to those using the platform
- Ensure functionality of the Moodle platform and troubleshoot problems to eliminate downtime
- Create, Manage and Maintain user roles in the Moodle Platform
- Integrate Moodle with plugins when required, writes scripts to automate routines and processes
- Oversee security performance and document data usage, system access and fault tolerance of the Moodle platform
- Provide LMS platform versioning control mechanism and track moodle platform version release
- New course set up and ongoing course set-up and maintenance:
- Set-up new course pages and upload new course material
- Perform quality control checks on the content loaded to ensure it aligns to guidelines and best practices
- Back-up and archive data from completed courses and stand up new courses based on predetermined releases and close dates
- In coordination with Instructional Designers configures, tests and Implements courses on Moodle whilst maintaining MoH standards
- Moodle user support:
- Be a point of contact and provide support to learners experiencing technical challenges with the system
- Provide support and training to system content loaders
- Develop User tours for the standard course activities as well as general platform navigation
- Conduct regular platform evaluations and work with Instructional Designers, the Global LMS Admin, and the MoH to use the analysed data and feedback to determine adaptations and plan out roadmap for platform enhancement
Project Final Deliverable
- Provide a report that documents all the work done improving the moodle instance, challenges faced and how they were mitigated to be used for best practices moving forward.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education Technology, Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Instructional Design, System Administration or any related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an administrator of a learning management system
- Understanding of e-Learning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline & Rise 360, with basic HTLM5 programming knowledge
- Must have previous experience working with government stakeholders
- Hand-on experience configuring and customizing Learning Management system
- Experience in SQL database management, back end coding and server management
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have an advanced understanding of community health systems
- You have demonstrable project management skills with a high level of organization
- You have excellent communication skills to manage and interact with a diversity of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- You have demonstrable ability to manage complex technical project and team dynamics
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
To apply, click here.