United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
- The needs of persons of concern in the country are assessed and analysed in a participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning;
- IP (Implementing Partners) agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures;
- Inputs are provided for the country operations plan (including budgets, staffing levels and structures) as well as prepare inputs for funding submissions, appeals and reports;
- Participate in UN and other fora on programme and technical issues as delegated by programme senior management;
- Enforce compliance with UNHCR’s global strategies, protocols and guidelines;
- The development of capacity through coaching, mentoring and formal on-the-job training, when working with (including supervising) national staff or (non-) governmental counterparts, including Implementing Partners (IPs);
- Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective is systematically applied, integrated and documented in all activities throughout the assignment;
- A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for development during the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed.
Type of Degree: University degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Law, Economics, Development, Social Science or related field.
Minimum 3 years of work experience relevant to the function, in programme management, monitoring and evaluation.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous field experience is an advantage;
- Familiar with UNHCR’s RBM approach and use of project/software is an asset;
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position;
- Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures and processes is an asset;
- Knowledge of UNHCR specific programming tools (MSRP, Focus, etc.) is an asset.
Computer skills: Office Package (excellent knowledge of Word, good knowledge of Excel and Power Point) and Internet browsing.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Integrity and professionalism: demonstrated expertise in area of specialty and ability to apply good judgment; high degree of autonomy, personal initiative and ability to take ownership; willingness to accept wide responsibilities and ability to work independently under established procedures in a politically sensitive environment, while exercising discretion, impartiality and neutrality; ability to manage information objectively, accurately and confidentially; responsive and client-oriented.
- Accountability: mature and responsible; ability to operate in compliance with organizational rules and regulations.
- Commitment to continuous learning: initiative and willingness to learn new skills and stay abreast of new developments in area of expertise; ability to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Planning and organizing: effective organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner; ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor (own) work; ability to work under pressure, with conflicting deadlines, and to handle multiple concurrent projects/activities.
- Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and harmonious working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender;
- Communication: proven interpersonal skills; good spoken and written communication skills, including ability to prepare clear and concise reports; ability to conduct presentations, articulate options and positions concisely; ability to make and defend recommendations; ability to communicate and empathize with staff (including national staff), military personnel, volunteers, counterparts and local interlocutors coming from very diverse backgrounds; ability to maintain composure and remain helpful towards the staff, but objective, without showing personal interest; capacity to transfer information and knowledge to a wide range of different target groups;
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability and willingness to operate independently in austere, remote and potentially hazardous environments for protracted periods, involving physical hardship and little comfort, and including possible extensive travel within the area of operations; willingness to transfer to other duty stations within area of operations as may be necessary;
- Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards the UN core values.
Thank you for using Ntchito Pa Malawi today!!
To help us track our effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter/application form where (ntchito.com) you saw this posting.